Larry

Default Interesting factoid about Group 31 batteries

"johnhh" wrote in
:

Someone help me out here. I always thought that the Group number just
specified the size/shape of the battery. Why would thhe size or
capcity affect its ability to hold a charge? Are you talking about a
specific manufacturer's battery? I can see how one manufactures group
31 my not, but Group 31's in general?

They use special "Group 31 lead" that wasn't minted at the Franklin Mint
like Surette battery lead all is. They also use "ordinary acid", not that
special blend of highly purified, laboratory-grade, .99976% fine the $400
battery makers all use made in tiny batches by the same chemists that
invented Amsoil oils and insecticides. Obviously, the combination of
"Group 31 Lead" and ordinary acid in the cheap ordinary plastic case is
inferior to the $400 batteries only sold at fine marine chandleries like
Waste Marine, Boater's World and Doug's Marina and Tire....

Besides....Group 31 batteries all come in ugly black plastic, not those
pretty maroon or red cases that increase CCA and AH by over 40% when placed
in a fine yacht like a Bayliner or Sea Ray....