Calif Bill

Default Upgrade to this 26' Seaswirl??

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:25:14 -0800, "Dene" wrote:

Definitely........had the Starcraft surveyed. As for payment, that 40k

at
6.99% for 10 years. I'm not so concerned about the monthly payment as

am
about resale value in about 5+ years. Seaswirl quit making these in

2003,
yet they did get good reviews while in production. I'm not expecting

get
40k in 5 years but it would be nice if half was recovered.

it's a little steep for payments and you'll never recover your
investment.

i'd look around a little or put a larger amount of money down. you
will never get out from under that loan on that boat unless you have
at least 40 to 50% down and that's iffy.

I'm not that concerned about paying it off. Primary reason is that the
payment serves me well as a 2nd home tax write-off. In my retirement
years,
hopefully 10 winters from now, different story.

its not a question of paying it off - its a question of relative
investment. yes you can write off part of the interest, but that only
lasts so long - you still have to recover some of the principal if you
ever sell it and at the amount financed, you won't be able to do it.

We will definitely be looking around at other boats. That's half the fun.

damn straight.

Seems like $60k for a 6 year old boat is on the high side to me. How much
was it new? When I can get a brand new custom Davis Rock Harbor 25 for
$90k, and that is a semicustom boat, the $60k seems steep. As to financing
$40k, that is a personal thing. I would never do it for a toy, but that is
me.