Default Verado v Optimax

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 1 Feb 2006 17:55:18 -0800, wrote:

BRP clains the ETec uses less fuel as other motors ... this is the case
at idle speed, where it hardly matters if a motor uses 20% more or less
fuel.

20% of 100 is what?

20

id say thats pretty significant.

if I burn 1.5 gph or 3 gph trolling (+100%) .... I couldnt care less

If I burn 15 or 30 gph at cruise (+100%) .. it matters to me

Above idle the ETec seems to use as much or 0-15% more fuel as other
motors. This is based on the performance data I have seen so far.

interesting - it certainly isnt what i see with mine - we, my partner
and i, saved over 34% fuel based against the previous years fichts.

where did you get the performance data from?

http://www.e-tecinfonet.org/id3.html

I compared similar setups to Yamaha 4 strokes .... as I said it "seems"
like they use 5-15% more ... They do not seem to use significantly less
at cruise....

Lets leave idle speed out as its insignificant and WOT as pretty much
all motors use very equal amounts of fuel at WOT.

ETec pistons have a distinct shape with a dip in which a raised "nose"
sits. This helps at idle speeds but makes it less efficient at open
throttle.

really? and you base this one what?

Thats the way BRP shaped the pistons to help distribute the fuel around
the sparkplug in lean burn. As why it is not so efficient at higher
rpms ... Any book about combustion engine design will tell

Matt