Wayne.B

Default Interesting factoid about Group 31 batteries

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:03:26 -0500, DSK wrote:

OTOH I'm surprised Glenn isn't buying Surrette batteries for
his boat.

Surrette and Rolls both make great batteries, no question about that.

I'm certainly curious as to why Group 31s would have a higher self
discharge rate than others. I've never heard that before and wonder
if it could possibly have been related to a specific manufacturer or a
bad batch. Any boat left unattended should have some means of keeping
the batteries topped off in my opinion.

On my old boat I used golf cart batts for everything, never had a
problem, even starting up cold 454s. My new boat is set up for 8D
starting batts and I've left it that way but added 8 golf carts in two
separate house banks.