Dene

Default Upgrade to this 26' Seaswirl??

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Dene wrote:
Here is my boat. We paid 20k for it. Other than a prop, it has

required no
upkeep.

http://tinyurl.com/7vaya

Here is the boat we're considering....

http://tinyurl.com/c6orm

Here are the reasons why.....

1. 6'5" enclosed cabin. The only reason to go below is to sleep or use

the
enclosed head. Whereas on my pocket cruiser, I have to crouch

everywhere.

2. Supposedly more fuel efficient with the dual prop outdrive.

Definitely
tracks better at slower speed.

3. All weather, windowed cabin instead of canvas, more suitable for the
Pacific NorthWest.

4. Quieter, due to foamed hulls.

5. Dialed in with all the electronic goodies.

Downside......$465/mo. vs. $183/mo.

What do you fellas think?

-Greg

Pretty steep monthly payment, but that's your business. Boat looks
clean, but for that kind of money, have it surveyed.

Definitely........had the Starcraft surveyed. As for payment, that 40k at
6.99% for 10 years. I'm not so concerned about the monthly payment as I am
about resale value in about 5+ years. Seaswirl quit making these in 2003,
yet they did get good reviews while in production. I'm not expecting to get
40k in 5 years but it would be nice if half was recovered.

-Greg