Lloyd Sumpter

Default Connecting Vent hoses

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:29:44 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

Hi,
Sorry for the boating-related post...

I need to extend my 4" vent hoses. Steveston Marine didn't have any
kind of "connector" which would do the job (I'm assuming a short length
of pipe that would go inside the hose). Is there such a thing? Could I
just use a bit of PVC pipe? Or can I just duct-tape them together
(they're lying on the inside of the hull - no stress)? Using duct tape
to tape ducts: what a concept!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Why not just spend a few bucks and buy some hose lengths of...the right
length? Taping together vent hoses on a boat seems the antithesis of
"shipshape."

It's not the bux. These are long runs, going through some VERY tight
quarters (ie need a fishing-line to get the stuff through). I'd prefer not
to have to re-run that hose. Not only that, I barely found long enough
lengths for the "extensions" (which, I suspect, is why Catalina did it the
way they did - couldn't get long enough lengths of hose)

If done "properly" (haven't found out yet what that is, but the aluminum
tape sounds good), I don't see a problem with connecting two hoses
together.

Lloyd