Reggie Smithers

Default Verado v Optimax

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 00:26:38 GMT, "Butch Davis"
wrote:

Tom,

Who now is offering new boats rigged with ETECs?

in fishing boats, ranger, stratos, seaswirl, i think triton can be
purchased with a etec - other than that i honestly dont know. i
believe you can purchase a bare boat and have it rigged for etecs like
i did with the contender.

I'm still happy with my 99 115 FICHT but am kinda sorta almost in the market
for an 18 foot or so boat for 99% inshore 1% offshore fishing with two to
three companions.

ive decided not to sell my ranger unless somebody offers me exactly
what i want for it so i will be replacing the 200 ficht with about 600
hours on it for a 225 etec in another month.

the one engine i wont buy is a verado. ive heard more horror stories
from some pretty reliable sources about superharger problems, the
whole fly by wire deal and fuel economy (or extreme lack of) that its
down right scary.

i could settle for an optimax if i was forced into it although im not
a merc fan after they screwed me on that trolling motor warranty.

Tom,
Why are you replacing a engine with 600 hrs on it?

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.