Calif Bill

Default Connecting Vent hoses

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
news
Hi,
Sorry for the boating-related post...

I need to extend my 4" vent hoses. Steveston Marine didn't have any
kind of "connector" which would do the job (I'm assuming a short length of
pipe that would go inside the hose). Is there such a thing? Could I just
use a bit of PVC pipe? Or can I just duct-tape them together (they're
lying on the inside of the hull - no stress)? Using duct tape to tape
ducts: what a concept!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

The 4" vent hose is cheap. But if you must connect, don't use duct tape.
The stuff does break down. Use what the industry, at least in most of the
USA is required to use, Aluminum tape. Available at any hardware store.
Bill