otnmbrd

Default Freak waves

Read, watch the ocean, talk to the USCG, read, watch the ocean, talk to
OLD commercial fisherman and enjoy the wonders that nature offers.
There is no such thing as a rogue or sneaker wave.
Bob

Hmmmmmm......

Pitch black night, moderate seas, all of a sudden WHAM..... and you could
predict this how?

Pea soup fog, moderate seas, all of a sudden WHAM....... and you could
predict this how?

Sorry Bob, but "rogue and sneaker waves" exist. I could go on with many
scenarios.
Now, I'm not one for accepting excuses when someone screws up, but in my
meager experience, bad waves sneak up on you and rogues do exist.

otn