Rosalie B.

Default Largest Singlehanded Sailboat Is What?

"BeeRich" wrote:

Hi Rosalie. I would suspect that docking would be a regular event.
From my research I'm guessing 50 feet max. I would eventually like to

travel the world, and make some good time to wherever I am travelling.
A circumnavigation would be the best.

Cheers

The people that I know that single hand a boat like ours mostly
anchor. They come into their home dock, or come in for fuel and that
is it. Docking this boat is harder if there is wind or current
because it has a modified full keel and is a very heavy boat with a
somewhat underpowered engine (37,000 lbs and 60 hp). Other types of
boats would be easier.

If you are circumnavigating, docking would be infrequent. There's
lots of space between the edges of the continents with no docks g

You will need a boat big enough to put a dinghy on though.

grandma Rosalie

S/V RosalieAnn, Leonardtown, MD
CSY 44 WO #156
http://home.mindspring.com/~gmbeasley/id1.html