Martin Hinders

Default Largest Singlehanded Sailboat Is What?

Hi,
I am cruising all year around singelhandedly in my 35ft Hallberg Rassy from
1976.
There is no problem to handle a significantly bigger boat completely on your
own.
I sailed singelhandedly from Finland in 2004, via Spain to Turkey in the
Mediterranean. Have not checked the distance, but it is thousends of sea
miles. Currently my boat is on Crete, Greece.
You need a bow thruster, remote control of the windlass, autopilot + wind
rudder, modern radar, fixed blade propeller, powerful engine. With thinking
ahead you can avoid most difficult situations. Never count on external help,
make sure you can handle everything on your own, including up and down from
the top of the mast.
Good luck,
Martin
--

"BeeRich" skrev i meddelandet
oups.com...
Hi folks.

I've been slowly researching sailboats for my future. I've raced
Lasers in my past, grew up on an Alberg 30 here in Toronto, and wish to
continue my love for boats.

I've been to boat shows, and looked at boat plans online.

Regardless of price, what is the largest sailboat that one can handle
singlehandedly? I'm looking for a rear cockpit sailboat that I could
take anywhere in the world. As well, I don't need it to sleep 40
people, as I'd rather exchange staterooms for storage or other
functionality.

Thanks to a Toronto boat show I'm fond of the Dufour 40 foot range.

http://www.dufouryachts.com

I look forward to your replies.

Cheers