Doug Kanter

Default Affording Fuel

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

One of the main premises for evacuation was based upon sending people
off in directions based upon prevailing wind conditions. But, I
objected, winds can sometimes rapidly change direction. I was told not
to "push" that thought.

I suspect most reasonably intelligent people are aware of the evacuation
nonsense. It's been taken to extremes in some cases, though. Do you
remember the debacle surrounding the proposed Shoreham plant on Long
Island?

Yes, indeed.

Most US cities cannot be evacuated on short notice under any
circumstances, and out in the boonies, there typically isn't the
infrastructure to handle heavy traffic.

We never got any sort of explanation from the county executive about what
the hell he was thinking when he let LILCO go ahead with that project. This
justifies my belief that there's a useful purpose for Mike Tyson and others
like him. Stick him in a room with a seriously guilty politician. Dose him
with LSD and amphetamines and tell him "See that guy in the tie? He says
you're a pussy." :-)