posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default We'll meet at Last!!!!

For that matter some of the others/regulars have me some what
stymied as well... relative to being "sockpuppets" or whatever.

Welcome, Bill. Indeed I am real. I'm also one of the few people who
actually sails rather than just talking about it. Doug, who is quick to
jump on any thread (rarely starts his own of course) is a powerboater
and owns no sailboat of any kind. Same for Bob Crantz. Mooron does not
sail, his boat is landlocked for repairs.
Others here do most of their sailing from the easy chair, an issue of
Cruising World (stolen from a library no doubt) at their side.
Wait for spring and summer...see who actually just talks about sailing
and who has a website filled with genuine sailing fun. As for the
others, most sail older tired boats, dreams of a performance sailboat
long shattered by their own financial limitations or lack of
imagination. Most of the "sailors" here are a good deal older than me,
but they are hardly examples to follow.
All of these people know I have no sockpuppets, but be warned!!! If you
agree with me on anything or challenge the mindless mass of CPU
sailors, you'll ne quickly labeled as "me" or Captain Neal.
Most of all, just have fun. If you want serious sailing talk go
elswhere or join an e-mail group. Most of us realize that such behavior
must be limited to this one area, though a few (Doug again) think it's
okay to troll elsewere.
Good luck.

BTW, my new boat....
http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/index.html