Calif Bill

Default Time to retire the name.

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:03:48 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:37:05 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

i think back to the days of tty and my dads old tty machine in the
basement radio shack - brings back some memories ill tell you what.
damn thing was a big as a freakin' house.

There was a unique aroma to them also, probably related to the
lubricant used on them. They were certainly a marvel of
electromechanical complexity.

the odd thing was my dad could keep the thing running and he had about
zero mechanical aptitude.

when it was running, man, the racket it made - it was a very cool
machine though.

But which KSR? coolest moment with teletypes was I worked in Western
Electric warehouse right after high school. Watched a KSR35 fall off the
pallet. Unfortunately the pallet was on a forklift truck at maximum
extension. About 35'. Parts everywhere.