posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Default We'll meet at Last!!!!

Katy... I'm kind of the "new kid on the block" here... so to speak.
I don't know CaptRob that well...

katysails wrote:
That's a very good thing..

Agreed.

much less if he truly exists...

oh, he exists all right...he is not a sockpuppet but he may have
sockpuppets (some think Binary Bill and Commodore Joe, etc...)

Bubspritke isn't smart enough to have very good sock
puppets, the ones he has always agree with him and talk in
the same phrasing. Easy to spot.

although I suspect that he does in some form or the other.

Yes, he has a form...you can't ignore it..it's big and louty...he does
post his picture, after al....

It would be better if we did all ignore him. It would be
cruel, but eventually he'd go away.

For that matter some of the others/regulars have me some what
stymied as well... relative to being "sockpuppets" or whatever.

Just takes time to know who is who, who is real, and who is not...Ganz,
Scotty, Seahag, Mooron, DSK, Tadpole, Old Thom, myself, Maxprop, NoPony,
Rngmastr, Scout, Bart jlrogers are all real...Crantz is a secret known
to only the elite...

'Bob Crantz' has tremendous wisdom to impart, from the
earthly & scientific to the ethereal & abstract.

... MysTerry is not real and is not even the real
original socpuppet. It's hard to know if Joe is real or not.

Yes, Joe is real. So is his boat. He's also unreal.

In spite of the mystique (for me at least) this web site is still a
fun and entertaining read.

Yes...it is or else a number of us would not have remained after all
these years...

This will help explain this newsgroup (turn subtitles on).
http://ldopa.net.nyud.net:8090/wp-co...teShowdown.swf

BTW this is not a website, it's usenet. Different medium,
different message. It's a free-for-all.

Like Jonathan once said... "this is the wild wild west of the cruising
forums". I believe it... cause I have the time to view most of them
that are active... on a daily basis.

Now *that* is scary.

Regards
Doug King