posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Default SSB Antenna Installation

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in news:drm65h$e0g$1
@domitilla.aioe.org:

Don't know if marine SSB or Ham radio (or both) is your aim

I think his money would be much better spent on a GPS-receivered 406 EPIRB
for this little boat's emergency comms, don't you? I don't think he's
gonna be an offshore longliner with outboard motors.

Another good point IS those outboard motors with the heavily-RF-Shielded
plastic covers. I doubt he's gonna HEAR anything but a steady buzz on any
HF frequency with two big 2-strokers using solid wires and straight spark
plugs in all that NOISE!