jps

Default Affording Fuel

In article . net,
says...

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
. ..
More people are living in cardboard boxes in this country than ever and
these fat cats are making more and paying less taxes than ever. And we are
STILL cutting taxes while the deficit skyrockets. How can these people
call themselves conservative?

The deficit fell from '04 to '05...and its expected to continue to fall
through at least '09.

In the past 30 years we've gone from:

Biggest importer of raw materials and exporter of finished goods

Biggest exporter of raw materials and largest importer of finished
goods.

China and Japan own a large percentage of our currency, corporations are
allowed to operate offshore to avoid taxation and more of our currency
is flooding into the mid-east than ever before.

I just had a meeting with some very nice folks from the mid-east who
don't mind us being in Iraq at all. Their friends are making money hand
over fist supplying goods and services to our troops.

Not only are we sending them tankerloads of oil money, we're paying them
seven different ways for supplying our country with goods and services.

Something wrong with this picture? Why are we so damned near-sighted???

jps