JohnH

Default Affording Fuel

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:40:10 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:04:13 -0800, jps wrote:

In article ,
says...
jps wrote:
I've had one hell of a time justifying the expense of fuel and,
consequently, over the last year our boat has been out very little.

Perhaps you should consider a more fuel-efficient boat?
I certainly wouldn't purchase another boat without considering all
options, including defecting to rag boating.

Now I come to find that Exxon, Chevron and Halliburton have made more
money this past year than at any time in history and our rate of savings
hasn't been this low since 1933.

You mean yours, or everybody elses (average)?
Everyone's.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060130/..._ec_fi/economy

I'm feeling stung. The taxation is going to happen one way or another.
I feel government is in a better position to redistribute my taxation
more than I trust Exxon or Chevron or Halliburton but I guess they
already have.

Think about it folks. Very few companies are having banner years, apart
from these companies.

Is it some sort of coincidence that these same companies are friends of
the current administration?
Yes, it's an amazing coincidence, isn't it? Another funny
thing is that so far, this boon has not been distributed
very effectively to holders of common stock.
They don't matter. It's the boys in the front office who are meant to
benefit from this.

Meanwhile, Exxon wants the $5B settlement reduced for the Alaska spill.
Pigs.

This whole thing stinks from the head down.

You really really miss the old days of political
mud-throwing in this NG, don't you?
Old days? It was just yesterday for me. AFAIC the group has been
dumbed down, a perfect reflection of our society.

I'm guessing the savings rate on brain cells and good ideas is, like
savings, at a historical low.

Fear factor, Baywatch and cigarettes are our major exports now.

DSK
jps

jps, how is the lack of antagonistic, vile, name-calling a 'dumbing down'
of the group? Is an ability to hurl insults a sign of intellectual prowess?

Why not go over to a.politics and post all the political rhetoric your
heart desires?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JPS called no 0one who posts here a name. In fact, your post was
offensive, not his. Why are you working so hard at being a usenet
traffic cop?

Harry, I didn't accuse jps of name-calling or anything else. I questioned
his use of the phrase 'dumbed down' with regard to the people/posts in the
group. Is that question what you refer to as 'netcopping'?

Do you feel 'dumbed down'?
--
'Til next time,

John H