DSK

Default Affording Fuel

I've had one hell of a time justifying the expense of fuel and,
consequently, over the last year our boat has been out very little.

Perhaps you should consider a more fuel-efficient boat?

jps wrote:
I certainly wouldn't purchase another boat without considering all
options, including defecting to rag boating.

That's one area that diesel inboards shine, fuel efficiency
per ton/mph. Planing is still a very inefficient to carry
loads though.

Note- there are some boats with fuel consumptions that are
flat at high speeds, or even drop a little ie- they get
better MPG near WOT than at "cruise" speeds. But they get
better mileage yet at slow displacement speeds. The best way
to go fast & not burn a lot of fuel is with a catamaran...
but even then, speed costs.

If you're concerned about fuel efficiency, get a slow boat.

Everyone's.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060130/..._ec_fi/economy

Yep, that has been a concern of economists for a long
time... Americans are not saving, in fact we are jacking up
debt both personal & public at record rates. How long can
this go on? I don't know... but IMHO any individual is still
better off saving & investing, what we used to call managing
one's money intelligently.

Meanwhile, Exxon wants the $5B settlement reduced for the Alaska spill.
Pigs.

Wouldn't you?

DSK