Don White

Default Legal limits

Harry Krause wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

On 29 Jan 2006 19:48:56 -0800, wrote:

For those of you boating in Ohio the legal limits is now .08 not .10.
For anyone under the age of 21 the legal limit is .02. Those under 21
caught drinking alcoholic beverages or operating under the influence
have the additional charge of "Underage Consumption".

in my opinion, there should be no limit - you got alcohol on your
breath, you in jail for 30 days, license revoked for a year.

no exceptions.

I second that.

Connecticut used to do that with speeders; that is, you lost your
license for the first offense.

I would set a really low blood-alcohol level for DUI and impose a jail
sentence for conviction about that level. That measurement would not
be tripped for the equivalent of one beer or one cocktail. If your
blood-alcohol level indicates two or three (or more) drinks in a short
period of time, your goose is cooked.

Oh...and smokers...public fumigation. Man, there is little that turns my
stomach as quickly as inhabiting the same general space as a cigarette
smoker, even if he/she isn't smoking at that moment. They stink!

Best think we ever did up here was to restrict smoking in the workplace.
Smokers had a special room where they could choke each other to their
hearts delight.
Now entire public buildings are 'smoke free' so we see hoards of people
huddling out on the sidewalk inhaling cigarettes like their lives
depended on it.