RCE

Default Time to retire the name.

"DSK" wrote in message

I used to host a bulletin board/chat room on Prodigy for midi
enthusiasts. For that, I received free Prodigy access. (still have the ID
number taped to the old Yamaha keyboard).
We used to composes songs by passing the files around to different
participants and each would add a track to the composition. Great fun,
but slow. Some of the music was very good by the time it was done and
edited.

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
you wouldnt want to share a few of those files would you?

I was just about to say the same thing.

DSK

I am afraid all those early files are gone, lost or living in cyber heaven.
However, I *do* have a "Best of Eisboch, Vol 2" CD, available for $19.95,
usually shipped overnight ...

Just kidding .. I do have the album - consists of midis sequenced by me,
converted to .wav files and burned to a CD. Even has a cool looking album
cover with pictures of the gear used. Used to be a Vol 1 also, but it's
become of the missing.

BTW- before anyone thinks I am a talented musician or something - I am not.
I did have some music training, strum a guitar, toot a sax and semi-play
piano and keyboard, but a musician I am not. Midi sequencing is more of a
musical word processing activity. I usually record several tracks at a time
then spend hours or days editing each track, correcting, deleting and adding
until it sounds decent. The early sound modules used in computers and
keyboards were horrible but some of the newer stuff really sounds good using
digital sampling of actual instruments to develop the midi voices.

RCE