Jim

Default OT JoeTechnician licensed engineer or not?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:

And you would be the one full of ****. You can be an engineer in most
states without registration. As a communications engineer, there is no
registration required in most states. Just can not call yourself
"Registered Engineer" "Professional Engineer" "Consulting Engineer".
"Software Engineer" is OK, "Electronics Engineer" is OK, etc. Seeing
asskissers response to burning no oil in normal operation, I would not use
him or his employer in any capacity for any civil engineering needs. Odd
that my Diploma says "Bachelors of Science in Engineering". Never been in
an engineering job in the computer world that required I get the PE.
Bill

Way back when, at my alma mater, the guys in the various engineering
schools used to say about themselves:

"Before I got to this college, I couldn't spell engineer.
Now I are one."

I would have guessed as much based on the quality of college you most likely attended.

My daughter is entering a Mechanical Engineering program at a prominent Midwestern
college. Here is what they say:

Qualifications: The College of Engineering enrollment is selective-students typically
rank in the upper 20 percent or higher of their high school graduating class and score
an average ACT composite of 26 or higher (or SAT combined scores of 1180 or higher).
University admitted students who score an ACT Math of 24 or higher (or an SAT Math of
560 or higher) will be enrolled directly in the College. Selection is not determined by
numbers alone, however. Applicants will be carefully reviewed for convincing evidence
of a student's capacity to succeed as an engineering student.

Program: 5 academic years with heavy emphasis on math, physics, materials science,
engineering, graphics (CAD).

A friend of my daughter said the program is tougher than the pre-med program he was in.

The admissions standards for your alma mater are obviously rock bottom.