posted to rec.boats.electronics
RB

Default ant coax routing question

Putting a "shortie" marine VHF ant on the boat. This ant is the one with a

The coax comes down from the center of the coil. The base of the coil has a
threaded female fitting same thread/dia as the male counterpart of the lay
down mount. The lay down mount has holes in it to accommodate the coax in
its journey to the radio.

Question is how the heck do I screw the ant onto the mount without the coax
cord getting twisted to the point of damage? Is the idea that the coax will
roll (twist) enough as I'm screwing the ant onto the base that it won't
damage something?

I know some of you have been there/done this, so tell me the way out of the
problem.