RCE

Default Keep VHF Radio Antenna At Least 1 Meter Away From Our Heads?

i know some folks who use a weak ground field over their vegetable
gardens and they claim it helps keep the garden bug free and helps
grow the vegetables stronger.

Back when the Navy operated an ELF transmitter (1 megawatt) in Annapolis,
MD, we used to have to tour the antenna field in a pickup truck daily
looking for any problems with the array. Part of the "initiation" ritual
for newbies at the site was to stop the truck in the field, tell the newbie
to get out and check something, then watch him try to grab the door handle
of the truck to get back in. Stupid when I think of it now, but we were
never within 500 feet of the main tower. The buzz was enough to catch your
attention, but not enough to really do serious damage.

Although - I once was inspecting a ground lead that ran down a telephone
type pole from a TV antenna. This was about 1/2 mile from the main ELF
tower. The ground was supposed to be tied to a copper grounding rod, but the
connector had snapped. I grabbed the ground lead to reconnect it and got
some good RF burns on my fingers.

RCE