Glenn A. Heslop

Default How to build a Hard Bimini & Dodger?

My family and I (& two kids) cruise aboard our 41' Gulfstar (Seawing) for
5-6 months at a time. Our bimini is due for replacement & I've been
considering a hard bimini and possibly dodger. I figured that a hard dodger
will not wear out as fast as one of Sunbrella and it would also be a great
place to mount solar panels.

My question is how to build one and how to mount it. How do I protect it
when the boat is in storage for hurricane season? Seawing was hit directly
by Wilma this fall...no damage but tarps, though it makes me think about a
hard bimini as it would be hard to take down for storage.

I look forward to learning from y'all.

Thanks!

Glenn.
s/v Seawing