Don White

Default Keep VHF Radio Antenna At Least 1 Meter Away From Our Heads?

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:52:13 -0800, -rick- wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

totally debunked in a few years, but the idea still floats around
that somehow low power rf, even at higher frequencies, causes brain
cancer, loss of visiion, yada, yada, yada.

however, i will grant your point about being strange. :)

www.arrl.org/news/rfsafety/hbkrf.pdf

"None of the research to date conclusively proves that low-level EMR
causes adverse health effects."

page 9.2.

if you look at the awareness guidelines, its all stuff that you
shouldnt do anyway.

and ive used a low level rf field over some peas i grew one time and
you wouldnt believe the harvest we had that year. :)

its also a fact that corn, under hv power lines, will grow taller.

which probably is why im 6'3" and the rest of my family is under 6'. i
was born and raised for the first five years of my life in close
proximity to a hv power line. :)

I've always heard that the electromagnetic fields were harmful.
I've got the wife sleeping on the bed side nearest where our 220v power
supply enters the mast head and travels down the conduit to the meter base.