JimH

Default Time for Moderation?

"RCE" wrote in message

"Skipper" wrote in message

Perhaps the time has come to convert rec.boats to a moderated NG and
restore its previous image. Yes, I know it would be a daunting task. To
win, the proposal must have 100 more YES votes than NO votes and
two/thirds of the votes must be YES. We could announce the proposal in
*all* the boating groups.

--
Skipper

Skipper and Skipper,

I have searched Google looking for the original rec.boats charter without
success.
To your knowledge, is there one? I think a review of the charter, if it
exists, should be a prerequisite to voting for or against changing it to a
moderated newsgroup.

The only document I found related to the early formation of rec.boats was
this FAQ:

http://www.gulf-stream.net/recboats/recboatsFAQ.html

RCE

This proposal is from Skipper............a nice guy who re-entered this NG a
little over a month ago, with his first posts (over a 2 to 3 week period)
flaming and telling lies about Chuck Gould and other respected members here.

His recent posts have been nothing but trolls.........attempts to start
arguments.

Ignore him......he not worth any further effort on your part. ;-)