RCE

Default Time for Moderation?

"Skipper" wrote in message

Perhaps the time has come to convert rec.boats to a moderated NG and
restore its previous image. Yes, I know it would be a daunting task. To
win, the proposal must have 100 more YES votes than NO votes and
two/thirds of the votes must be YES. We could announce the proposal in
*all* the boating groups.

--
Skipper

Skipper and Skipper,

I have searched Google looking for the original rec.boats charter without
success.
To your knowledge, is there one? I think a review of the charter, if it
exists, should be a prerequisite to voting for or against changing it to a
moderated newsgroup.

The only document I found related to the early formation of rec.boats was
this FAQ:

http://www.gulf-stream.net/recboats/recboatsFAQ.html

RCE