Leanne

Default Marina Question ,,,

"Larry" wrote in message
"Roger Long" wrote in news:%DoCf.146409$XC4.144502
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

Everytime I read about these kinds of things, I think back to a quote in
the newspaper from a Beaufort, SC, waterfront mansion owner. She didn't
want that "floating trailer park" blocking her view she'd paid $1.2M for.

Could it be they're trying to get rid of boating for these kinds of

people?

The tax bureaucrats are....

I live in Beaufort and the problem is that we have a transplant Yankee for a
mayor. Btw, he is the one that got the bridge schedule change several years
ago. So many people have come here because of the laid back charm. After a
while they get bored and try to change it to the way they did it up north. I
am a transplant, but have been here long enough to be naturalized
Beaufortonian and can still see the beauty as it is. You are right about the
tax bureaucrats. We lucked on this old cottage in an estate sale over 20
years ago. Because we are on a deep water creek, the taxes have been going
up every year. The funny part is the house valuation seems to stay the same,
but the land value has about quadrupled.

Leanne