Kirk S.

Default flywheel removal quetion mercury outboard 1986 200

Mike,

If you want to take a chance on destroying the crankshaft, use the balancer
puller. Invest in a lifting eye and flywheel puller. Or, if you aren't
going to do this more than once, take it to your dealership and have them do
it. The tool is fairly inexpensive. Jay Smith racing makes a combo tool
for under $100.

You also don't want to remove the flexplate bolts and take a chance on
damaging the flywheel either. This is one of the situations where the
Mercury tool is worth the investment.

Kirk S.
"mike" wrote in message
om...
I have a 1986 200 Mercury outboard I am trying to disasemble. Can I
use a harmonic balencer puller to remove the flywheel or do I have to
use the mercury tool. Thanks Mike