Roger Long

Default Marina Question ,,,

"rhys" wrote

Amazingly, that's about right.

What you mean, "Amazingly"? I'm a marine professional, author, noted
authority, and I know how to type

Some Maine wharf shouldn't be twice the price.

No such thing as "some Maine wharf". That Maine disappeared when most
boat were built out of wood. The law was just changed to fix the
problem but it hasn't yet been implemented. Every Maine wharf and
shoreline is currently taxed as if it had condos or a waterfront
mansion on it. That cost gets passed on to the fishermen and every
other waterfront user. Recreational facilities have to support those
costs with the income from a two and a half month boating season.

Because of our high tides, you can save a bundle on boat storage by
hauling the boat up on your beach in a cradle and storing it yourself.
You'll be paying enough in property taxes to buy a 30 foot boat every
year though.

I run a tight ship, so to speak, and your estimates are only
slightly over

They should be slightly over. These numbers are what you should be
prepared to spend without being forced to either put up with unsafe
situations are end up sitting on your boat wishing you could actually
use it. Hopefully, you can get by with less but you don't want to
spend that kind of money and then not be able to use your boat. You
need a little cushion.

--
Roger Long