Larry

Default Automatic distress VHF radios

wrote in news:1138316324.034663.308230
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Some do. I believe they are all foreign flagged vessels... according
to a friend of mine that is an electronics/radio officer for Matson...
no American flagged commercial ships do this.

When my wife, now ex-wife, was a test coordinator at the MSO Group
Charleston, the guys from Evergreen were always trying to get us to book
passage to Europe or Asia on the Evergreen Lines ships out of Charleston.
I know someone who's gone to Europe many times on ships from here and they
said it was more fun getting TO Europe than it was being IN Europe.

Of course, he's an engineer and they let him in the engine room, let him
play helmsman, etc. I doubt his wife enjoyed that more than she did
Amsterdam...(c;