JohnH

Default Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:53:26 -0500, Reggie Smithers

This memo is being sent to WAMBE & RBAW members because of your
interest in boating safety. If you would like off this list, please
let me know.

Senator Pam Roach has sponsored Senate Bill 6364 to ban "teak surfing".
She was prompted by one of her constituent organizations, the East
Pierce County Fire and Rescue. This agency had dealt with two tragic
deaths on Lake Tapps due to teak surfing. For info on bill language go
to: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=6364

The hearing for this bill is on February 1st in Olympia. Unfortunately
it's at 8 AM, however Sen. Roach would like to have as many boaters as
possible show up to support this bill. RBAW supports this bill and
it's intent. There may be discussions to amend the bill for word
smithing purposes to clarify the term "teak surfing", but all for the
better. Clearly this is a bill all boating safety organizations should
have interest in and your participation at the hearing would be
welcomed by the bill's supporters.

RBAW plans to be there on the 1st. If anybody else can make it and
needs further information, directions, etc. please let me know. If you
want to testify PRO, you can say a few words why you or your
organization likes the bill. Otherwise, you can just sign in PRO "not
wanting to testify".

Thanks and let me know if any questions.
~David Kutz
RBAW President

Chuck,
I am concerned that the State of Washington is trying to override
Darwin's theories. One should not mess with Mother Nature.

I'll bite. What the hell is 'teak surfing'?
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****