Larry

Default Automatic distress VHF radios

Dave wrote in news:5uegt152h7stj7slpie2r1sk7el7s4e3tc@
4ax.com:

That was my Navy experience as well, though we didn't have that much
occasion to hail commercial ships.

Drivers keep a careful watch on the speedometer on the Interstate when they
know the cops are around, too, you know. No cops (Navy)...well, some let
it slide.

Of course, we are talking about a US-licensed containership with a licensed
captain, right?.....not some Liberian freighter with the crack crew of
illegal misfits in some rusty bucket with a cracked #2 cylinder wall
leaking lube oil into the bilge...that's never been inspected unless the
drug cops show up.