Gary

Default Mayday off coast of Mexico-rescued from catamaran

I'm waiting to hear if Eclipse is still going to be upright
when she's recovered.

Hasn't it already been about a week or more ?

Is it difficult to find a 32' boat about 50 miles offshore ?

Perhaps we should have a service using satellite cameras and
computer programs to find lost boats (and people) in the ocean.

We do have a system for people. The system depends on you have a 406
EPIRB onboard and deploying it in the event of an emergency. Its
position is triangulated by SARSAT (or sometimes given by an onboard
GPS) and the SAR guys come out and look for you where the EPIRB is (if
there is anyone around). The system is not infallible and many times
you may be too remote for anyone to get to. Basically, prepare like you
are on your own.

Not many folks care about lost empty boats.

Gaz