John Gaquin

Default Electronic ignition distributor for Chrysler inboard

"Dave" wrote in message

I'd like to replace the distributors and the electronic ignition
"breadboxes" on each of my Chrysler M360s with distributors that have all

Can anyone who's done this replacement tell me what product they used?

Does
rotation matter?

Dave.... I replaced the breadboxes on my two Chrysler 318s a few years ago.
I replaced one distributor entirely, because the internals were badly
corroded. On the other I just installed the e-i plate and reluctor assy to
replace the rotor-points, etc. I'm embarrassed to say I can't recall the
brand, but I do recall that there was no difficulty finding an appropriate
aftermarket source through my local marine shop. Has run fine. As I
recall, rotation does matter.

JG