JohnH

Default Things to do before Spring launch

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:34:34 -0600, Skipper wrote:

JIMinFL wrote:

The Gradys are wonderful boats. But the 228 is no match for my Parker.

Now you're just making me feel bad. Not sure what you mean by 'no match'.
Size wise, that's for sure. But, for a 22'er, it's got a *lot* of deck
room. I could force myself to get by!

Should one get the itch for *real* adventure, which would be the better
boat for a Cortez challenge?

Please define adventure.
Please define Cortez challenge.

It's a legit question. I believe a *trailerable* boat should be truly
trailerable...and seaworthy. The boat should open up non local waters.
The Cortez challenge presents such a test, a true shake 'n bake. This
test involves trailering the boat to San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico. The
boat is then launched and makes a 100-mile crossing of the Sea of Cortez
to Santa Rosalia, a former mining village with a French influence, in
Baja California Sur. The boat is then tested as a fishing platform while
going after the great variety of gamefish abundant in the Gulf.

Now I believe the Parker would fail miserably in this test. The Grady
would win the day.

Why would a 25' Parker fail and a 22' Grady win?
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****