posted to rec.boats.electronics
John Proctor

Default Raymarine self compatibility

On 2006-01-23 10:17:10 +1100, Larry said:

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in news:dqv9lr$oni$1
@domitilla.aioe.org:

Now, who is Raymarine? We sold and serviced Raytheon for many years,
and JRC for a while. Is Raymarine related to those older names?
Old Chief Lynn (still tooting horn)

Raymarine is an English company who has nothing to do with Raytheon,
who made great radars, both domestic and military.

Sorry Larry!

Raymarine was a management buyout of the Ratheon marine business. They
are now a separate company headquartered in the UK with development
centres in the US and UK. Manufacturing is touted to be moving to
Hungary or somewhere in eastern Europe. BTW all the FURUNO gear we get
here in Australia is made in PRC.

--
Regards,
John D Proctor