posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building
Me

Default Detroit Diesel (DD671N) Questions

In article ,
Larry wrote:

No valves. Intake ports and exhaust ports open as the piston
passes over them near BDC when the blower recharges the air and
blows out the dead gases. Piston rises cutting that off,
approaches TDC, cam rack in the head opens injection just as
compressed air reaches 1200F and KAPOW!, we're on our way down
again after this god-awful loud knocking noise also indicating
compression is great, making enginemen smile...(c;

Well it is obvious that Larry has never wrenched on a Scream'in
Jimmy of any kind, or he would have known, that they ALL have
Exhaust Valves, in the HEAD, under the VALVE COVER.... where the
Injectors ARE......

Me