JimH

Default Things to do before Spring launch

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:37:14 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

Once the weather breaks I have a ton of work to do before we launch.

1. Rip out cockpit carpeting and install new carpeting.
2. Install new helm seat and pedestal.
3. Install second battery and A/B switch.
4. Gelcoat repair on 3 dings.
5. Epoxy coat the bottom (the boat was always trailered before and has no
bottom paint)
6. Bottom paint the bottom
7. Install bimini.
8. Install new CD player/FM radio.

Items 3, 7 and 8 may wait till the boat is launched and dockside....it all
depends on how fast I get the other stuff done and if the weather
cooperates.

So how about you? What things do you have to do to your boat before
Spring
launch.

wash, wax - launch.

My 17 year old son is taking the USCG PS course starting in February (basic
safety course) and I plan to take him out (sans wife) quite often in spring
once the boat is in the water to teach him about the boat and boat handling.
Once I feel he has the skills to maneuver the boat (it will not be hard as
it is only a 20 footer), handle emergency situations and fully understand
the rules of the road he will be able to take it out with his friends
without me for water skiing, tubing or wake boarding.

With that understanding he plans to help me with these projects this spring,
something he never did when we had the 32 footer. ;-)