posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

Default What boat for me? (long)

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 07:07:14 -0500, DSK wrote:

Another of my theories is that 'if it works, it must have
been done right.' I'd like to see some of Frank's work & learn.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Pretty much beginners luck, I think,done because the yard had charged
a fortune for a small repair that did not hold several years before.

All the core repairs were done from the outside in rather than the
inside out. I don't know if this was right, but seemed to me the
primary structural layers were on the inside and I didn't want to
tamper with them. But it meant that it had to end up cosmetically
pleasing. Also meant that I had to learn how to spray catalyzed
polyurethane which was easier than I thought it would be. Did the
whole boat with Imron.

All the repairs were done with expoxy rather than polyester. I
worried about the bond between the two but it was needless worry.

Don't know the status, boat was sold again several years ago. For all
I know Katrina got it.

Frank