Doug Kanter

Default OMC any options?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"calhoun" wrote in message
.. .
Looking at a nice little 24' house boat. Well maintained. Runs fine. Has
an OMC cobra drive. I like the boat but am scared of the drive. Is it
really as hard to get parts as all say? Is there a transom plate or some
thing to convert to a mercruiser? I have owned a few mercruisers and
know there are parts, for them, everywhere.

Do you suspect parts will be a problem because it's OMC, or because of
the particular *type* of drive? Is it no longer made?

OMC got out of the outdrive business, oh, maybe a decade ago.
Then OMC got out of business, so to speak.

Parts are a problem.

I haven't needed many parts for my '96 Johnson, but when I have (as recently
as last spring), the dealer's had no problem getting them quickly.