Eisboch

Default MP3 Players/Accessories for Boat Use?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

All of the RF modulators I've tried were crap with the exception of the
built-in transmitter in a JVC Sirius receiver. Although it had line
level outputs in addition to the RF, I didn't feel like removing the
radio in the car I had at the time to connect the lines. These units
have a switch to select one of about 5 frequencies that it will transmit
to the FM radio in the car. It sounded excellent, except I found that
while traveling back and forth to Florida, local FM stations would
occasionally interfere with the selected freq. Solved that problem by
simply removing the car antenna for the duration of the trip.

Eisboch

You know of course that when you remove the antenna, your diesel truck
craps out.

You may be right. There are window stickers that warn against using any
type of transmitting equipment within some vehicles, including cell phones
without an external antenna. The RF can screw up the vehicle computer.

This wasn't the case with my infamous F-350. I never used the Sirius
receiver in it.
Since it was fixed the second time, all has been fine (knock on wood). The
true test will be next month. I am going to deliver Eisboch Jr.'s Fatboy
to Norfolk. Hopefully, this trip will be uneventful, unlike the last two
long distance voyages.

Eisboch