posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building
dazed and confuzzed

Default Detroit Diesel (DD671N) Questions

Wayne.B wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:31:55 +0100, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:

I think you should identify symtoms,
if you want meaningful help.

It's a 1981 Johnson & Towers marine conversion, supposedly rebuilt
within the last 1,000 hours or so by the previous owner.

My port side engine is taking longer to cold start than it used to,
sometimes needing 8 to 12 seconds of cranking. It used to start on
the first or second turn even when stone cold, and the starboard
engine still does. If it has been run within a day or two it still
starts very quickly. There is very little exhaust smoke at startup
even when cold, and what little there is goes away quickly. The
engine is running well and making full power as far as I can
determine.

Change the fuel filter, and if that doesn't help, look for a leak in
your supply lines.

the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3