Wayne.B

Default West Marine is Terrible

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:18:18 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

Maybe things are different from where you hail... it's all over the map down
here with who works there. A large percentage of employees are strictly
retain. They have experience only wrt WM stuff. Of course, there are people
who are quite knowledgeable as you suggest (and as you are).

I've found most of the people in our local store to be reasonably
knowledgable, and some with a great deal of cruising experience.

I think it depends on the area. Back in the north east where wages
are higher, I think they have trouble hiring and retaining good
people. Here in FL with a large retiree pool to draw from, it is
probably easier to find good part timers.