Wayne.B

Default PC Navigation Software

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 04:25:29 GMT, "John Glynn"
wrote:

So, do you find MapTech relatively easy to use and pretty helpful for
navigating?

It absolutely is helpful since I haven't relied on paper charts for
years and that takes in many thousands of miles over the entire east
coast. And yes, I have an extra laptop for backup just in case.

Ease of use is hard to judge once you are experienced with a piece of
software. There is definitely a learning curve but it is not too
steep. I have it installed on my desktop at home and am constantly
using it for trip planning and such, and that is a good way to learn
as well.

It is very easy to export routes, waypoints and tracks from one
computer to another which is quite useful.

Let me know if you have specific questions about how do do something
and I'll try to help.