Brent Geery

Default PC Navigation Software

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 04:25:29 GMT, "John Glynn"
wrote:

Yeah, I was looking at Ozi too. The attraction of MapTech for me was that
it seems to include a whole pile of charts...kinda seems like a buy the
charts and the software is free kinda thing.

As all the US charts are now free direct from the NOAA, I see no
reason to be stuck with a Maptech product. All of Maptech's charting
software is just licensed versions of other companies' products. In
most cases, stripped down to some degree (especially to lock you into
Maptech map products) or more expensive than buying the "the real
thing" direct from the licensor and skipping Maptech's version.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king.