Capt. JG

Default what size and type sailboat?

Errr... didn't you say you had years of experience? :-) I guess, due to the
head sail being smaller, you would have less sail to deal with, but the key
would be making sure you're in control to begin with. For example, most of
the time, a furler is just fine. In fact, it gives you lots of flexibility.
But, if you know there's a blow coming, having the ability to put on a storm
head sail would help a lot. I don't believe it should be either or, because
most of the time, you'd probably get better use out of a furler.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"sherwindu" wrote in message
Yes, folks. I misused the term, which I have heard mentioned around, but
always
thought it meant a distributed sail plan. However, my suggestion for that
still
stands.

Sherwin D.

Don White wrote:

Dave wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 00:10:22 -0600, sherwindu
said:

a fractional rig, that is one with more than one mast.

?????

What's with that??
I thought 'fractional rig' meant the jib only went a fraction of the way
up the mast.