John Smith

Default Dealer service appointments and other lies

Greg,
Is it possible, if you gave dealer number 1 the option to fix it, they would
have jumped thru hoops to correct the problem?

"Greg" wrote in message
I still think they should be able to do better than they are. I'm not

talking
about missing my appointment by a few HOURS, we are talking almost TWO

WEEKS.
They can't have had that many surprises.
(update, still not back from 3/16)
Why don't they give you a slot and post it on their web site (now serving

#22,
your slot will be in x days) When you are getting close you haul it in.
This is really true when you are talking about "elective" service like

your
hourlies where you could be using your boat until they were ready. As it

is I
have a boat that runs but has a dealer inflicted wound I am trying to get
fixed. This is dealer #2 and I guarantee the next time I will be looking

for
ANOTHER dealer. So far 2 in a row suck.
I would advise not to buy from Bonita Boat Center (the guys who broke my
engine) and Wolcott Marine (the guys who are not fixing it)
Assuming service is a criteria for picking a dealer.