John Glynn

Default PC Navigation Software

Yeah, I was looking at Ozi too. The attraction of MapTech for me was that
it seems to include a whole pile of charts...kinda seems like a buy the
charts and the software is free kinda thing. Just wanted to know if the
software was worth a damn. I love being out there but when in real thin
water I am busy plotting my position real often on paper with my trusty
pencil & utilizing my binoculars...don't plan on eliminating this but may
allow me to relax a little and do it less often...also very helpful in trip
planning. Thought I am concerned about power consumption with a computer
running all the time. We cruise for 5-6 months at a time and only stay in
marinas when s**t really hits the fan...so power is always an issue.

So, do you find MapTech relatively easy to use and pretty helpful for
navigating?

Glenn.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 01:10:22 GMT, "John Glynn"
wrote:

I'm sort of used to navigating with paper charts and a pencil...but
thinking
of moving a little higher-tech.

Been looking at PC Navigation Software. Looked at Chart Navigator Pro by
MapTech, the Ozi one, Fugawi and others.

I sure would appreciate users input on what they use, and what they like
and
don't like about it.

I've been using MapTech Off Shore Navigator for a long time and it is
a pretty good package. I'm hearing a lot of good things about
OziExplorer however and am thinking of giving it a try.

http://www.oziexplorer.com/